Subject: Re: Fw: Gigabit Marvell ethernet card not configured
To: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/31/2006 09:31:55
Brad du Plessis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>> I'm running NetBSD 3.0_BRANCH (i386 GENERIC kernel) and have a
>> motherboard with an onboard Gigabit NIC that doesn't appear to be
>> supported.
>> dmesg printouts:
>> /netbsd: Galileo (Marvell) Technology product 0x4362 (ethernet
>> network, revision 0x19) at pci2 dev 0 function 0 not configured
>>
>> I've had a look at NetBSD current pcidevs and there doesn't seem to
>> be any sign of product ID 0x4362, but it appears that this should be
>> an sk* device.
>
> I originally posted about this Yukon-II NIC a few months ago. Are
> there any developments? Are there plans in place to include support
> for this in the near future?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

I would be interested in working on a driver for this (I've done some
work on our Yukon driver), but I don't have any hardware.  If someone
were to give me (or make a several-month extended loan - at least 4 or 5
months) some hardware, I would probably be able to get something working
in a month or two.

I looked into buying a card a few months back, but the prices were a
little higher than I was willing to spend on something I didn't actually
need...  once the price drops below US$75 or so, I might consider it again.

+j