Subject: Re: Fw: Gigabit Marvell ethernet card not configured
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/31/2006 15:17:45
>> Had very little luck with NDIS after much effort unfortunately.
>
> What does that mean, exactly?

This means that I managed to get a kernel to compile with an NDIS driver for
the NIC but I would get a kernel crash on bootup somewhere in the windows
binary driver. A particular MSCALL to a function called "initfunc" within
the binary driver causes the crash (I think this is the first time any code
within the binary driver is called). I tried a number of different drivers
(XP, 2000, different driver versions...) and they all did the same thing.

I would be interested to know about other users experiences with NDIS.