Subject: Re: Fw: Gigabit Marvell ethernet card not configured
To: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/31/2006 08:34:24
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:47:55AM +0200, Brad du Plessis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> >I'm running NetBSD 3.0_BRANCH (i386 GENERIC kernel) and have a motherboard
> >with an onboard Gigabit NIC that doesn't appear to be supported.
> >dmesg printouts:
> >/netbsd: Galileo (Marvell) Technology product 0x4362 (ethernet network,
> >revision 0x19) at pci2 dev 0 function 0 not configured
> >
> >I've had a look at NetBSD current pcidevs and there doesn't seem to be any
> >sign of product ID 0x4362, but it appears that this should be an sk*
> >device.
>
> I originally posted about this Yukon-II NIC a few months ago. Are there any
> developments? Are there plans in place to include support for this in the
> near future?

Marvell no longer makes documentation available for new parts.  I don't know
of anyone who's working on a device driver for the Yukon II.

You can use the NDIS shim to compile Marvell's Windows driver into your
kernel, though.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart