Subject: Linux emulation on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Video Mike <bsdfun@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/27/2006 18:56:49
Dear NetBSD,

I am trying to run the Rivendell Radio Station
Automation and associated rpm's on NetBSD because
I LIKE NETBSD!

In the documentation for installation it says that I
need to verify that the following packages from the
SuSE CDROM are already installed:

cdparanoia
qt3
qt3-mysql
mysql
mysql-shared
sox

Do I need to still install these if I install the
regular NetBSD built packages or will the Linux
emulator automatically be able to locate the
packages built for NetBSD?

Finally,

     I have read through the Linux emulation docs
for NetBSD, but, with only the example given for the
Acrobat Reader (Linux version) I am still unclear on
how to install rpm packages correctly in the /emul/Linux.

Do I use "rpm" or "rpm2pkg" to do this?  Sorry for
so many questions.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Video Mike
(574) 276-4363