Subject: Re: Help, newfs/disklabel for disk images
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/27/2006 18:58:35
On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 11:50:59AM +0300, Michael Dexter wrote:
> Somewhat unexpectedly, vnd0a works and I had not tried it during my

It's not clear to me from reading vnd(4), but I would imagine that
the order of creating vnd's would be the same as it is for creating
partitions on hard disks like wd or sd.  Thus if you make only one
vnd, then vnd0a is what it would be.  Since you must have vnd support
compiled in your kernel, maybe dmesg will tell you what devices have
been configured.  You might want to read newfs(8), too, since it looks
to me like there may be special options you need for vnd (-F, -Z ??).
You can read these manuals online if your system isn't running yet.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/