Subject: php-mysql note
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/26/2006 09:25:58
From time to time, I have been getting errors in var/log/httpd/error_log
that look like this:

[Wed Jul 19 10:03:55 2006] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in pkg/share/httpd/htdocs/xxxx.php on line 80, referer: https://xxxx/xxxx.php

Searching online indicated this was either a dynamic link configuration
conflict between apache mysql modules and php mysql modules, or it was
corruption in the mysql database.  The latter possibility worried me,
especially since the majority of posts suggested that.

It turns out this was caused by memory_limit being too small in php.ini.

It started happening after I updated a Linux server to NetBSD.  I am
guessing either NetBSD php/mysql require more memory, or we finally
started getting query results big enough to bust the limit.

Ben