Subject: Re: 3.0.1: softdep + ffsv2 + 'heavy' load = pauses
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/22/2006 20:03:22
Robert Schaefer wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Cullen" <mark.r.cullen@gmail.com>

I'm fairly sure softdep is the cause of this problem. My system now
feels far, far more responsive without softdep on any of the mounts,
while doing cvs updates and such. There's no annoying 10 second pauses
when trying to run things or anything!

I'm not sure if the BUFQ_PRIOCSCAN option is doing anything beneficial
though. I'm not even sure it's a 'stable' option to use really, I can't
find much mention of it.

Let us know if turning off softdep's improves the situation for you!

--
Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen@gmail.com>