Subject: Re: 3.0.1: pf as an LKM and SMP
To: Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen@gmail.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/22/2006 14:37:59
On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 06:47:51PM +0100, Mark Cullen wrote:
> This is a post on behalf of a friend.
>
> Is there anyone out there running an SMP kernel, 3.0.1, and using PF as
> an LKM (in order to use ALTQ, apparently)? We've got the machine booting
> an SMP kernel just fine, but after installing the new LKM modules (cd
> /usr/src/sys/lkm; make install) and trying to load the pf.o module we're
> getting:
>
> LKM 'pf': environment compile options mismatch - LKM '', kernel
> 'MULTIPROCESSOR'

You cannot load a module not compiled with MULTIPROCESSOR into a kernel
that was compiled with MULTIPROCESSOR.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart