Subject: Netboot from MacOS X 10.4.x?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: John D.Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/19/2006 08:18:41
Has anyone netbooted using a MacOS X 10.4.x (specifically 10.4.7) system
as the server lately?  I have all the pieces in place and I know tftp
and
NFS are working, but rarpd is giving me fits.  (Won't know if my
bootparams
config is working until rarpd works...)

I've got it set up according to all the instructions I can find and
rarpd
sees the requests come in, but it never answers.  According to the man
page in 10.4.7, it further insists that the directory /tftpboot/ipaddr
exist or it won't respond.  Well, I have that, in both dotted-quad and
hex
notations, since the page isn't clear.

The netboot instructions related to MacOS X/Darwin seem a bit dated.
They don't seem to refer to anything past 10.2.8 (Darwin 6.8) as the
server.

Maybe there's more NetInfo voodoo I'm missing?

Thanks.

John D. Baker                            NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
http://mylinuxisp(dot)com/(tilde)jdbaker/     OpenBSD            FreeBSD
BSD.  It just sits there and _works_.
GPG fingerprint = D703 4A7E 479F 63F8 D3F4  BD99 9572 8F23 E4AD 1645