Subject: Re: Question about terminals and keys
To: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/14/2006 02:20:47
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Jan Danielsson wrote:

>   Is this some terminal emulation issue? Is there any way to fix it?

   It sounds like "text console uses <foo> set of escape codes, wterm uses
<bar> set of escape codes, bash understands <foo+bar>, /bin/sh only
<foo>".

   (But what are <foo> and <bar>?  And isn't VT102 supposed to be the
standard?)

   Someone who knows, feel free to correct my guesses.  The cookbook-style
fixes are really annoying when you don't know *why* things break.  I
"solved" this, or some related problem, myself soem time ago, but couldn't
for the life of me repeat it today.

>   Thankful for any hints or tips.

   Ditch the text console and deal with only one set of weirdness.  :-)

MAgnus