Subject: Question about terminals and keys
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/13/2006 18:36:30
--------------enig38117677E44D021350494E6F

Hello all,

   First I admit that there's a lot about terminals I don't understand.

   My root uses /bin/sh, my standard user uses /usr/pkg/bin/bash.

   When I login as my standard user, I have command line history. When I
login as root I have command line history. When I run wterm in xorg as
my standard user I have command line history. But when I "su" to root,
Up/Down only produce control characters, so I can't access the command
line history. It is somewhat annoying when I have mistyped something
really long.

   Is this some terminal emulation issue? Is there any way to fix it?

   Thankful for any hints or tips.

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson