Subject: Re: NetBSD and Mobile Phones
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2006 20:14:41
Hello Stephen,

   SB> And Nokia 6680...I can't just ATD to dial a number (I used to
     > connect into a modem off the back our our server). But I CAN
     > start a 3G session over ppp and use ssh - which is way better
     > :-)

I had hoped to buy a Nokia, but my carrier only offers one that can be
used in Britain: the 6103.  I may add a dial-in modem to a NetBSD host
that will be moving to a remote location so that I can connect to it
even if the site's Internet connection is down.  That doesn't happen
often, but it pays to be prepared.  Hopefully the Motorola phones can
support GPRS in some NetBSD-compatible way (a PPP connection to the
phone which then routes the data via the mobile network onto the
Internet?) as well as CSD 'data calls'.

Thanks for the information,
   - Andy Ball.