Subject: Re: Moving system disk to a new machine...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilboooo@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2006 16:16:42
>  Sounds a lot like what Linux provides in terms of terminals you can switch to with
> Ctrl-Alt-1, Ctrl-Alt-2 ...  could come in quite handy.

I never heard of that Linux you talk about.

Screen is great. It makes you have a layer of virtualization over the console.
It means you can lose connection and everything keeps running, and you
can connect
back to it. You can also share the console with a friend logued, so you can show
someone how to configure something.

The attach/detach is kick ass. Screen lets you monitor consoles you are not
keeping in front of you and do copy/paste on console too.

The best is to have someone that uses screen all the time show you. A two
minute demo will make you open your mouth, babble for some time and then
with hands shaking install Gnu Screen from your pkgsrc.

It will also make girls dig you and make your teeth more shiny but those
are side-effects that are not as important as console virtualization and
multiplexing.

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ;
yes ; fsck ; umount ; sleep