Subject: Re: wireless internet and NetBSD?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2006 09:31:12
--=-=-=

  Kycera KPC650

I'm using this one with -current and it seems to work fine (use drvctl
to detach as smb says).  I put the device ids for it into ugensa and
that was all that was needed.  It is indeed a
pccard/ohci/uhub/ugensa/ucom when it's all attached.
Connections go down due to bad source addresses, and also occasionally
(feels like "dropped call").

VZ only has EVDO in some places; otherwise you are on 1xRTT which is
144 kbps raw rate.   In Boston the EVDO/1xRTT line is at about I-495,
and that matched the advertised area pretty well.

=2D-=20
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--