Subject: PPPoE problems.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: M. Parsons <mrparsons@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/2006 11:22:45
------=_Part_8438_6740999.1152372165940

Hello,

I am having problems getting the kernel PPPoE networking working with
NetBsd-3.0.

I follow the docs at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/pppoe/  but
it does not work.

All I get is:

"pppoe0: ipcp illegal conf-req in state initial" in /var/log/messages.

The Roaring pengiun pppoe software does work, so I know my login works, my
nic works, etc, but I would rather use the kernel module.

Gathering from the roaring logs, my isp uses pap.

Ive tried:

pppoectl pppoe0 myauthproto=pap 'myauthname=mylogin@sympatico.ca'
'myauthsecret=mypass' hisauthproto=none

and various combinations.. removing hisauthproto, etc.

Any ideas on how to get it working?

Thanks