Subject: Re: Building a huge file server
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer.aydogan@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/05/2006 18:00:34
Kirill is working on journaling for ffs at the moment. Beside that,
NetBSD also have an LFS filesystem which is still work in progress.
But I did a lot of testing recently with LFS and was surprised about
stability and speed. You should give it a try. I also tested LFS on a
root partition aka LFS-root, which is actually not supported, but LFS
as root is still unstable (panics) but LFS on an additional partition
isn't.
Just disklabel, newfs_lfs and mount it.
Voila.

Cheers, Zafer.