Subject: Re: THW game is ready to be included on the system
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Radman <theman@eradman.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/02/2006 23:12:43
On 21:31 Sun 02 Jul     , Claudio M. wrote:

> Okay, after several posts and some hour of work, i've
> finally finished the work on the TWH (The hermit worm)
> game.
>
> I'd make it compatible with the NetBSD programming style
> as described in the file /usr/share/misc/style, i've also
> fixed all the knows bugs and i've added some minor feature.
>
> I've created a tarball with the source code, the respective
> header (extern.h) and a very simple Makefile. You can download
> it here: http://dinotte.altervista.org/files/bsdworm.tar.bz2 (20K).
>
> Is it really ready to be included on the NetBSD system?

You should probably follow Martin's suggestion and turn this into a pkgsrc port
before suggesting a change to base.

Read through the CVS changelog of this and other components and you'll realize
that a lot of tuning occurred over time. I think you did a good job with "The
Hermit worm", but it's not ready to be a model--yet.  Simple programs like
these should demonstrate foundational coding habits that the NetBSD project
adopts over time, and as such it would probably be better to suggest minor
improvements to srg/games while exercising your vision for this edition in
pkgsrc. Also, be sure to give credit where it is due.

Keep up he good work,

--
Eric Radman  |  http://eradman.com