Subject: Re: wireless internet and NetBSD?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2006 11:10:14
	Hello.  I've just started using the card, so I can't speak to its
long-term reliability, but so far, it's held connections fine.  I
transfered the i386-3.0cd ISO from netbsd.org to my laptop as a test, and
the transfer went fine, though it was slow.  I attribute this to the
service in my neighborhood, rather than the card itself or its interactions
with NetBSD.
	Acting on a tip from someone on one of the NetBSD mailing lists, and
confirmed by a howto on Linux, I increased the buffer space in
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/umodem_common.c to 2048 and 1024 bytes respectively
for in and out buffers.  I don't know if this had an effect yet, because,
as I say, I don't think the network is high speed in my neighborhood.
I forgot to document this change in the pr, so perhaps I should amend it.
-Brian