Subject: Re: wireless internet and NetBSD?
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2006 06:15:55
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, John Nemeth wrote:

> } Novatel (or Merlin?) V620
>
>      I've worked with the CDPD version of this card.  It presented a
> serial interface, spoke PPP, and basically just worked (ignoring bugs
> in NetBSD at various points).

Thanks for the note. I was told that the PC5740 drops connections. Any
connections dropping with the Novatel card? How often do you use it?

>      There are currently some nasty bugs in NetBSD's pcmcia code which
> may affect one of more of these cards.

Anything that should be reported in gnats?

I have read now about three different cards being used (and a fourth that
does not work).

I cc'd Brian on this email since he just sent a PR kern/33843 about using
Qualcomm/Kyocera EVDO cards.

Brian: do you have any connections drop? How often do you use it?

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'