Subject: Re: using a usb network adapter, which one?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/22/2006 09:55:55
On 6/20/06, Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> I used an aue(4) device, and it worked ok, but was USB1 and thus very
> slow.  I'd be inclined to get a device listed in axe(4) if I were
> buying something today; those seem to be USB2.

I agree that the axe driver seems to work well. However, I have the
Linksys USB200M adapter which is not so good. That flip up RJ-45
socket does not hold my cable well on my laptop when I move it around.
I moved the adapter to a machine which sits stationary and I haven't
had any problems with it.

I also have an aue based adapter, the ones you can get on Ebay for
about $15 including shipping (to the US) from the far east. Works
fine, but it's USB1. The cable does not fall out.

Andy