Subject: Re: wikipedia article
To: <>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/13/2006 15:25:12
--------------enig2DF1BC8A449748A4F0DFCE3F

Mark Weinem wrote:
>> NetBSD also has "other browsers" such as konqueror, links, lynx, dillo=
,
>> etc
>>
>> It also has koffice and abiword
>> It also has xine and xmms
>> It also has other instant messengers....
>=20
> That's new to me - I always use pkgsrc for this kind of applications ;-=
)
>=20
> But seriously, NetBSD and pkgsrc are separeted projects (or not??)

http://www.netbsd.org/ - pkgsrc: The NetBSD Packages Collection

   IMHO, pkgsrc is a part of NetBSD (as yum/rpm is part of Fedora, .deb
part of Debian, etc). The difference is that pkgsrc is built to be
non-platform specific. I would consider applications available for
NetBSD through pkgsrc to be "available to NetBSD".

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.