Subject: Re: mutt in UTF-8 locale
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander V. Butenko <avb@avb.bas-net.by>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/12/2006 13:03:44
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 you wrote:

> > Is there any ways to use mutt in UTF-8 locale in netbsd?
> > Now if i see message with nonlatin chars terminal screen
> > becomes full of garbage.

> You need an UTF-8 terminal emulator. Use the "uxterm" script.

> Even with that, the display is not completely right, but you should be
> able to see the nonlatin characters.

I use rxvt-unicode terminal. uxterm was with the same problem.
I saw russian letters but not all of them.
The problem was solved by installing ncurses port from pkgsrc with
--enable-widec option added to Makefile.

I wonder maybe there are some ways available to use mutt with UTF-8 with
a buildin netbsd curses library?

Alex