Subject: cdrecord, multi-session: MS sees them, NetBSD does not
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: None <tlaronde@polynum.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/10/2006 18:29:24
Hello,

I'm under:

NetBSD jordan 3.0 NetBSD 3.0 (CONFIG) #0: Sun May 28 16:56:35 CEST 2006  tlaronde@jordan:/obj/polynum.NODECONF-jordan.polynum.com_NetBSD-i386_NetBSD-i386/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/CONFIG i386

and I'm using cdrtools-2.01nb2 from pkgsrc, with CD/DVD RW identified
as:

cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-W162C, , TS07> cdrom removable

When writing a multi-session CD(RW), I only see after mounting the first
one (the first track), while the TOC shows all the other sessions, and
while MS XP is able to see all the sessions.

Has anyone some clues about what is going on, since what I'm backing up
is presently work under NetBSD. It's a bit annoying since I can not
verify that the backup is correct, and it will be problematic to restore
NetBSD if I must deal with my dual-boot laptop to retrieve it via
Windows XP first (no flame intended, I'm working exclusively under
NetBSD ;).

TIA
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>
                 http://www.kergis.com/