Subject: queueing icecast client
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David W. Talmage <talmage@onespeeddave.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/09/2006 19:59:48
I have an icecast server at home.  I'm looking for a graphical icecast cl=
ient that lets any number of users add and remove music from the current =
playlist.  It has to run on my NetBSD desktop and on my Ubuntu Powerbook =
G3 laptop.  For bonus points, it may run on my OpenZaurus/Opie Sharp Zaru=
s.  Any suggestions?

In pkgsrc, audio/musicpd looked perfect until I found out while it plays =
anything, it only streams OGG.   My MacSense HomePod plays MP3s only.  (A=
ctually, with a tiny bit of cleverness on my part, it will play OGG but i=
t won't scroll the ID3 info on the LCD display then.)

audio/amarok has a plugin that sends the currently playing song to an ice=
cast server but it's broken in the most recent version of Amarok.

Java-based clients aren't an option because the Powerbook doesn't have th=
e AWT.  I'm not aware of any AWT for PPC Linux.

I've been wary of anything that requires Apache but at this point, I'm wi=
lling to give it a try.