Subject: Re: ACPI Support
To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@gmail.com>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/24/2006 16:39:49
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 07:16:30AM +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Just curious, how is ACPI support in NetBSD 3.0? I checked the
> manpages, I get the impression its not fully implemented. Is that the
> case?
>
> Are there any docs on how to use ACPI?

I didn't understand "use ACPI" but now I think I see: the GENERIC
kernel doesn't have acpi compiled in. The ready-made kernels worth
trying are netbsd-GENERIC.MPACPI.gz and netbsd-GENERIC_LAPTOP.gz
from i386/binary/sets/kernel (having seen you post to port-i386,
I assume that you are using i386). Otherwise, just
build-your-own-kernel(tm), c.f.,

   http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-kernel.html

and uncomment the

#acpi0          at mainbus0
# ACPI devices
#acpiacad*      at acpi?                # ACPI AC Adapter
#acpibat*       at acpi?                # ACPI Battery
#acpibut*       at acpi?                # ACPI Button
#acpiec*        at acpi?                # ACPI Embedded Controller
#acpilid*       at acpi?                # ACPI Lid Switch
#acpitz*        at acpi?                # ACPI Thermal Zone

lines..

Cheers,

Patrick