Subject: Re: Matlab, mex, suse_devel
To: Lasse Kliemann <lasse-list-netbsd-users-2006@plastictree.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/23/2006 09:53:51
Am 22.05.2006 um 19:52 Uhr +0200 schrieb Lasse Kliemann:
>what is the currently best way to run Matlab under NetBSD,
>if one also needs to run MEX files?
>
>The documentation at
>http://www.spg.tu-darmstadt.de/~hf/notes/matlab-on-netbsd.html
>says that one needs suse_base and suse_compat version 9 or higher
>to run Matlab at all. For using MEX files, one also needs suse_devel.
>This package suse_devel, however, is only available in version 7.3.
>Trying to first build suse_devel and then suse91_base ends in
>
>suse_base-7.3nb8 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
>
>Which is kind of what I expected.

:->

>Is there a way to do it?

As Christos pointed out,the other way round is more promising -
install the v9.1 or v10 version of suse_base, then suse_devel. Since
suse_devel is happy with the 7.3 packages, it will trigger their
installation unless you set a make(1) variable to require a newer
suse_* revision (see {pkgsrc}/mk/defaults/mk.conf).

Note that
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=30784 may
still apply. I keep around a suse_devel package from the
pkgsrc-2004Q2 branch which works.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik