Subject: Re: Kernel sources for 1.6.2
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/21/2006 23:38:40
On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 03:27:59PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
|On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 03:16:49PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
|I understand, I should use sources from netbsd-release-1-6 sub-dir,
|right?
|
|And one more problem: what pkgsrc can I use for such old release? I
|need to add some programs from the sources - but I remember problems,
|which I had when "refreshing" ROX-filer in 3.0... and this time it's
|much older release.

... I would have thought that both the kernel source and pkgsrc trees
could be checked out at any date available in the repository ...

your problem will probably be that the distfiles mentioned in a pkgsrc
tree of that vintage are probably going to have a lot of files missing

You may have better luck finding a set of pkgsrc binary packages of that
age rather than building them again ...

I should have some binary packages from about that time. Let me know
off-list what you need and I'll see what I can dig up.

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank