Subject: Printing with lpd.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/15/2006 02:23:14
Hello,

I have been trying to follow the Guide's section on printing
with lpd, but I can't seem to make it work.  I can dump text
straight to lpa0, but I get
                            the
                               staircase effect.  I added
"lpd=YES" to /etc/rc.conf and checked that it is running.  I
edited /etc/printcap to include something almost identical
to example 11.1 and created /usr/local/libexec/lpfilter and
made a few directories as suggested.  When I try
"lptest 70 5|lpr -h", nothing happens.  Any pointers or
suggestions would be most welcome.

This is on NetBSD/i386-2.1.  CUPS and similar evils need not
apply.

- Andy Ball