Subject: Re: bktr(4) "basic functionality testing" - SOLVED
To: Petar Bogdanovic <p+netbsd@2005.smokva.net>
From: Petar Bogdanovic <p+netbsd@2005.smokva.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/12/2006 13:01:19
Thanks for all your input.

Now it works! Why? I don't have the slightest clue. :)

(Once again,) I took the case to a different place, opened it, connected
it to a monitor, booted Linux, surfed through some channels, booted
NetBSD again and ripped the TV-stream with mencoder without problems.

Very, very strange. The TV-cable was the same.

Thanks again.

Andy: I got my Hauppauge from Ebay for 10$:

bktr0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at irq 10
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 61314 A1MC
bktr0: Detected a MSP3410D-B4 at 0x80
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips PAL I tuner, msp3400c stereo.
Brooktree Bt878 Video Capture (Audio Section) (miscellaneous multimedia,
revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 20 function 1 not configured