Subject: Re: Where is build.sh
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/11/2006 20:15:32
--ZOudaV4lSIjFTlHv

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 06:50:44PM +0200, Christian MANGE G4 wrote:
> Hello, I have unloaded netBsd3.0 and installed it on my laptop and the=20
> first thing I want to do is to build a new kernel. So i have downloaded=
=20
> syssrc.tgz from netBsd3.0, and install it in /usr/src. /usr/src did not=
=20
> exist before installing sources. I want to use build.sh as mentioned in=
=20
> netBsd documentation but I cannot locate it. Have somebody any idea ?

If you want to use build.sh you probably also need the toolchain and such.
This would mean you need to download most of the other sources as well,
not just syssrc.tgz.

Also, you don't really need build.sh to build a kernel.  See
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/#how_to_build_a_kernel
for instructions on how to do it without build.sh.
This can fail if the kernel config file syntax changed (it did recently),
in that case you need to compile a new config(8).

Hope this helps,
Peter
--=20
http://sjamaan.ath.cx