Subject: Re: problem with RAIDframe setup (my mistake) setting a root mirror
To: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/08/2006 18:08:06
On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 01:39:18AM +1000, Carl Brewer wrote:
> >I would test it myself, but I don't have drives larger than 128GB connected
> >to a plain IDE controller.
>
> Ok, I'll test it tomorrow, it's bedtime :)
>
> Any suggestions for a test?  The machine will boot off the
> disk without the LBA48 hack, what's a good way to see if the
> fix works?

dd if=/dev/rwd0x of=/dev/null bs=64
and see if it can read the whole partition. Change x to the right number
for your raid partition. Don't use rwd0d, obviously the partition offset is
what triggered it.

You can even do it in single-user mode with disk mounted read-only.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>