Subject: no wm0 Re: booting amd64 kernel
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/30/2006 15:38:41
On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 01:22:54PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 07:03:17PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
>
>>Note that booting an amd64 on an i386 userland is STRONGLY discouraged at
>>the moment.  Except for a very specific configuration, it won't reach
>>multi-users.
>
>So, for this kick around host, I should probably reinstall with an
>amd64 cd/pxe and move on from there. okay.

*sigh* my wm0 interface doesn't work in amd64 3.0 cd install.

wm0 is configured in dmesg
accepts an ip with ifconfig
1000baseT full-duplex media is auto selected
switch lights blink when I ping the LAN hosts, no pings return

PR time?

Might I have better luck with a current kernel?
(this device has been without problem in i386)

(FWIW, there is an nVidia on-board interface, which doesn't show
up in dmesg and was not expected to work, when set to auto or
disabled in BIOS)

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org