Subject: Re: Petition for NetBSD Nvidia driver
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/30/2006 19:24:33
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:09:00AM +1000, JN wrote:

> All open source projects should join forces indeed, but NOT to go and
> beg for closed-source binary device drivers but to put pressure on ven-
> dors to release proper documentation for their hardware!

You can force the vendors to release the drivers (or documentation) only in
one way: by not buying their products, just because there's no driver for
the OS of your choice.

But I'm afraid, even if Linux / FreeBSD / NetBSD / OpenBSD users will refuse
to buy Nvidia graphics cards, the pressure will be still much too weak.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski