Subject: Re: Pedition for NetBSD Nvidia driver
To: Karim Forsthofer <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/26/2006 12:02:22
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Karim Forsthofer wrote:

> Personally I have enough seeing my favorite OS without working 3D
> acceleration like Linux or FreeBSD. NetBSD users have to stand together

I don't use or really know much about 3D acceleration. (I have a 3dfx
Banshee though.) If anyone else is interested, I found some webpages with
generic information...

I see that wikipedia ( says
this helps with "display of complex 3D graphics in real-time".

And I found other definitions at and

Does anyone know of any stats or benchmarks that show performance boost?
(What am I missing? :)

I see that the NetBSD projects webpage at lists two related projects.
They are short on details though.

By the way, are there better alternatives to Nvidia that are more open,

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'