Subject: Re: Gigabit Marvell ethernet card not configured
To: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/2006 07:45:57
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 09:14:29AM +0200, Brad du Plessis wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> >>/netbsd: Galileo (Marvell) Technology product 0x4362 (ethernet
> >>network, revision 0x19) at pci2 dev 0 function 0 not configured
> >>

> >This is probably a Yukon 2 chipset, that we unfortunately don't support
> >yet. You could try kludging a match in the sk(4) driver, but if it is
> >Yukon 2, it won't work.
>
> Are you able to tell me if anyone is currently working on this and, if so,
> when might support for this device be included ?

It's complicated -- it's going to require a refactoring of the existing
driver into two parts, and a new driver for the Yukon 2.

But there is in fact a path forward right now, if you're on i386 and
willing to run NetBSD-current: you can use the NDIS compatibility shim
to use the Windows driver supplied by Marvell.

Thor