Subject: Re: `make update' not without problems... :\
To: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2006 10:28:06
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Martijn van Buul wrote:

> In that light, setting DEPENDS_TARGET to "package" in /etc/mk.conf helps.
> 'make package' will only package the current package. If any dependencies
> need to be installed, they will not be packaged, AFAIK.

The dependencies are packaged (if they are installed during that "make
package").

The mk/bsd.pkg.mk has:

.if !defined(DEPENDS_TARGET)
.  if make(package)
DEPENDS_TARGET= package

> And yes, to top it off: using pkg_comp or any other chroot environment to
> build your updated binary packages trims it off. But still, it's far from
> perfect.

By the way, I have a custom bin-install that will install a binary package
that is good enough (versus matching on specific package version). But it
has problems too, since it may install one package (pkg_add) which may
bring in another dependency that was good enough for it, but then later
not be good enough for the current packages being built. Nevertheless, it
does save me a lot of time -- I don't want to rebuild any dependencies if
my existing package tarballs are good enough.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'