Subject: Re: user without password?
To: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/18/2006 19:34:39
Hmmm. PAM rears it's ugly head? :-)
Once you thought you knew how to get a Unix system to behave the way you
wanted. Now it's getting as obfuscated as windows? :-)

This is really a case where PAM is meddling where it shouldn't. If you
explicitly have an account without password, and you explicitly tell
sshd that accounts without passwords are ok, then you would think that
should be it. Is anyone but me thinking that we're getting too many
subsystems dealing with the same issue here, which makes it very hard to
get things right?

	Johnny