Subject: Re: user without password?
To: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/18/2006 09:48:38
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > I've modified the master.passwd emptying the password field and
> > configured sshd properly, but seems that all the time asks for password.
>
> Have a look at /etc/ssh/sshd_config and the sshd_config(5) manual page
> for "PermitEmptyPasswords".

I looked at your email again. You said "configured sshd properly" but
didn't mention what you did.

sshd never looks at the master.passwd directly. It uses getpwent(3)
functions which use /etc/spwd.db or /etc/pwd.db hashes instead.
So if you edit the master.passwd directly, your changes may not be
reflected in the real files.

See vipw and pwd_mkdb man pages for more details.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'