Subject: USB memory key mounts very slowly on 3.0
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Crni Gorac <cgorac@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/15/2006 12:57:08
Got an IBM Thinkpad R51 machine, together with IBM 512MB USB memory
key.  I just installed NetBSD 3.0 on my machine, and am trying to
setup mounting memory key.  But mounting is extremely slow - it takes
almost 2 min. to my NetBSD installation to mount the key with stock
NetBSD 3.0 kernel.  I tried with compiling my own kernel,
but with same results.  The device is immediately recognized with both
kernels after plugging in, however it takes forever until mounted (or
for any other operation, for example when looking for partitions using
disklabel it takes again about 2 min. until showing partitions).  Once
mounted, the device could be used fine, and un-mounting works
instantly.  BTW, the device is partitioned using Linux fdisk, and
partition in question (it is only partition on device) is FAT32
partition, formated again under Linux; but I don't think there is
anything wrong with that.  So - any suggestion here?

Thanks.