Subject: Re: kern/32473: GUS PnP audio device seem to be broken in NetBSD 3.0
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/14/2006 08:41:07
On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 02:28:50PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 10:25:01AM +0300, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
>
> > Yes, it is. We have also built the kernels just before and after
> > kent-audio1 merging and problem was obscured on both too. So mentioned
> > changes definitively not related here.
>
> It is very strange to me. Did anybody use this driver successfully? It seems
> to be broken since the beginning. And how Ken introduced his changes? In
> pure theoretical way - without verification on the real hardware?

I used this device driver for years.  It worked fine.

> Unbelievable.

I'm not particularly surprised that a driver that, as far as I can
tell, nobody's used for most of a decade was accidentally broken.  It
is simply not possible to have every single piece of hardware we
support in one place to allow someone to test it all.

Thor