Subject: Re: guspnp driver still broken
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@intostroy.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/10/2006 16:26:20
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:18:20 +0200 Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 03:48:32PM +0300, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
>
> > IMHO, today there are not so much GUS users (which decreases your
> > chances),
>
> I suppose, *every* broken module of software should be either fixed, or
> quite removed. Who needs broken drivers? Neither many users - nor few. Is it
> possible to talk about "users" of the driver - when currently it's unusable?

But we can talk about hardware owners. :)

> > but if driver was *broken* it would be relatively easy to
> > find the buggy part. Just take a look to recent CVS changes and you may
> > quickly locate the problem roots. Which kernel with your GUS works
> > fine?
>
> I don't know. I'm using this soundcard since 3.0 installation. Yesterday I
> tried the current kernel - driver still broken.
>
> > Which became a broken?
>
> This driver seem to be broken in the entire "3.0-related-line". Don't know
> anything about the earlier versions.

So it's inbetween 2.0 and 3.0 (about a year).

Does the following match your problem (please note the PR is since
NetBSD 1.5.1):

   http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=14017

If not, could you please fill the new PR (please be as much descriptive
as possible)? Such way we didn't get miss it.

Thanks.

--
Mishka.