Subject: Re: which live CD do you prefer?
To: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
From: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2006 08:12:44
Installing is indeed quick... BUT... it requires space on a hard disk.
When you want to "look" at an environment (and not just the OS) to see
how it behaves, you need much more than the simple installation. You
need to get some apps and a user environment.

That is why the live CD is so popular. And much less elitist. Not
everybody has disk space to afford to install an OS just for the sake of
trying it out... Even if it's the best on the planet (and even that
criterium is subjective as well as depending on what purpose you use it
for).

Maybe it's time to build a proper NetBSD 3.0 live CD with a nice GUI and
apps to match. :)

Gilles:

--

  /*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles@Gravier.org* *=* *http://www.gravier.org/*
  PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*                        ICQ : *77488526*