Subject: Re: How to delete a non-empty directory?
To: Xianwen Chen <>
From: Johnny Billquist <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/05/2006 12:09:44
I saw that someone already gave the answer to add -rf to the rm command.
While that answers your question, it's rather short.

To answer in full: you can't delete a non-empty directory. You first
need to delete all files within the directory before you can remove the
directory itself.

And that's what the switches -rf will help you do.

Xianwen Chen wrote:
> How to delete a non-empty directory?
> --
> Xianwen Chen
> College Of Economics And Trades,Shanghai Fishiries University
> Shanghai,China
> 086-21-68022471

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email:           ||  Reading murder books