Subject: Re: Lynx in base system?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/26/2006 16:54:04
On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 01:37:21PM +0100, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>    A few weeks ago I saw a discussion where someone suggested that Lynx
> should be added to the base system. FWIW, I'm connected to an university
[...]
> I vote for including Lynx in the base system.

I strongly vote in favor of including Lynx in the base system.

The reason is that NetBSD has NO OTHER WAY to manipulate files or
directories named with multibyte characters from the command line,
i.e., CUI.  Moving/renaming files is a breeze with Lynx.  Thus, Lynx
is the second application I compile on any new install following SSH.
It is an absolute must for anyone trying to use the NetBSD CUI in the
CJK world.  -- At least until NetBSD gets to the level of Solaris's
[8 or higher] command-line NLS.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/~home/