Subject: Re: Lynx in base system?
To: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/25/2006 18:04:02
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, matthew sporleder wrote:

>>    A small tool that will do (probably) just what you need, by the way, is
>> curl (www/curl).  You probably already know it, but still.

> I think a better option would be to link ftp with the included ssl,
> which would allow it to do https and ftps (bonus), expand ftp to allow
> for --header, --auth, and other http functionalty (that would allow
> filling-out forms), and make a link for ftp called 'http' to avoid
> confusion.  Maybe even split the programs.

   Why would this be better, and better than what?  (I honestly couldn't
figure out what you were referring to.)  Having a minimal browser still is
a good thing, imho.

   Or do you mean it would be better than curl?  I don't know, curl already
does "all that", and comes under a nice MIT-style license too.

> If we added full recursion to ftp, it would also solve many problems.
> (something curl doesn't do)

   That might be nice.  But I'd probably still just use wget...

MAgnus