Subject: Re: video cards
To: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@onlinehome.de>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/2006 14:29:44
Mark Weinem said:

>On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Rick Kelly wrote:
>
>> And the market seems to have reached a point where there are only ATI
>> and Nvidia cards that don't really work with XFree or Xorg.
>>
>> All I want is a card that will do 1280x1024 with a depth of 16.
>
>Radeon 9250 should still be available (agp & pci version).
>Running here with XFree, no problems.

The system that I'm sitting in front of has an:

ATI Technologies Rage Fury MAXX AGP 4x

It will drive a NEC XV17, DiamondPoint SB70, and a Sony SDM-S75 LCD at
1280x1024 without a problem. I can only assume that the:

Diamond Stealth S80 ( ATI Radeon )

Needs a higher horizontal frequency than the first two monitors can
provide to do 1280x1024.

The system with the Rage Fury MAXX is NetBSD/i386 1.6.x running
XF86 4.2.1.

I am building another box with an Athlon 64 x2 running NetBSD/i386 3.0.
It looks like I need to buy another LCD monitor to support 1280x1024.
The motherboard is an ASUS A8V.

Tigerdirect.com has the:

PowerColor Radeon 9250 / 128MB DDR / AGP 8X / VGA / DVI / TV Out / Video Card

For $40. I will probably buy a couple of them.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		<http://www.rmkhome.com/>