Subject: Performance experiences with WRAP Boards?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/22/2006 21:09:43
Hi,

I'm considering to get a WRAP board (http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm) to
replace my current router to reduce power usage and noise.

It has a 266 MHz AMD Geode SC1100 CPU (fast 486 core) recognized as
cpu0: National Semiconductor Geode GX1 (586-class), 266.66 MHz, id 0x540
cpu0: features 808131<FPU,TSC,MSR,CX8>
cpu0: features 808131<CMOV,MMX>
cpu0: "Geode(TM) Integrated Processor by National Semi"
cpu0: I-cache 12K uOp cache 8-way
and 128 MB RAM.

I was told that the CPU power should be more than enough for the intended
applications pppoe, nat and ipf as well as dnscache, ntpd and irssi with
proxy and perl support. But I'd like to hear some hands-on experience from
users with simmilar sets of applications. Any comments?

Bye, Chris