Subject: question - thunderbird & enigmail
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/16/2006 18:57:17
--------------enigB7F1B63BA141D9DAEC232658

Hello all,

   I've been trying to get enigmail working in thunderbird.

   First I tried running a home built thunderbird (building from pkgsrc)
and the contributed enigmail. I wasn't expecting this to work, because
the web page said it wouldn't. It didn't.

   So then I tried building thunderbird, and then building enigmail from
the same source tree (as per instructions). It builds fine, but when I
install the .xpi in thunderbird, it says that I need to restart for the
changes to take effect. I restart, and no OpenPGP menu is to be found,
so the installation has obviously failed in some manner.

   Then I got to thinking. Why does it require enigmail to be built
against the thunderbird tree? The web page says that enigmail needs to
be built with the same flags as thunderbird, whatever that means.

   Follwing that lead... I use the optimize_gcc.mk, and I noticed that
it excludes --fomit-frame-pointer when it builds thunderbird. However,
that exclusion is not done when enigmail is being built.

   Could this be the reason that enigmail doesn't work? Because of a
mismatching compiler option?

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.