Subject: Re: video cards
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/2006 22:31:50
Hi Wolfgang!

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

> I didn't want to jinx any other replies you might have gotten.

Did not get any other replies - many thanks for yours!

> The
> only XFree86-usable cards I know that are still on sale are the old
> Matrox series g450 and g550.

No, Matrox is no option for me anymore (because of the prices!)

> The frustration of finding a new card for XFree86 convinced me it was
> time to install xorg and not look back.

But XFree86 is the default with NetBSD and the released binary pkgs do
not work with xorg.

And, what about XFree86 4.6? It's not released yet, but will it ship with
support for newer cards?

Greetings, Mark Weinem