Subject: Keyboard problems: strange characters with ALT+n
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Claudio M. <claudio@netcat.it>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/14/2006 18:35:17
NOTE: i had posted this to the wrong place, sorry.
      Now should be ok :-)

Yo' people, i have another boring problem with my system.

I have installed NetBSD-3.0 on my machine.
I also set my keyboard encoding to 'it' and
did map some button as follow:

keycode 27 = plus asterisk bracketright
keycode 26 = egrave eacute bracketleft
keycode 12 = apostrophe question grave
keycode 13 = igrave asciicircum
keycode 8 = 7 slash
keycode 9 = 8 parenleft braceleft
keycode 10 = 9 parenright braceright
keycode 11 = 0 equal asciitilde

Now, using ALT+n i get "strange" characters.

I was on -current and everything works properly,
now after install the 3.0 i get this problem.
In X11 i can't switch the irssi windows and using
ESC+n i can switch to the 0 and 9 only because
with the other numbers i get strange characters.

I've tried to use the 'us' encoding without my
custom map but there are no results.

What could be the problem?

I hope my english is understandable.

Claudio M.